Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Camera and the Film

 

Nagamani Poornima was a regular visitor during Old Mandir days. She recalls an event. In her own words:
We were having nice time with Swami in the old Mandir. My husband wanted to leave for Bangalore and I had to start, before dawn. Seeing my plight, a photographer who was there, assured me that he would take a snap of Swami and send my camera with the film, to me through my servant, whom we left behind in Puttaparthi.
When the servant came to Bangalore, he brought the camera, but it was empty! He said the man whocamera had clicked the photo, refused to hand over the film. He said he would send it after developing it, from Madras! I wrote him two letters but, he replied that he had sent the camera, with the film! In my despair, I asked Swami about it. Swami said, `The film is with the photographer, at Madras; and the picture has come out well; I shall get it for you!’
During Dasara in 1945, I was in Puttaparthi. As usual, I took out my camera, to take a picture of Baba. I was trying to load a new film roll a friend told me that it was already loaded! I was surprised at this; we took it out and found it was a used one! When it was developed at Bangalore, it was found to be the one which was with the photographer at Madras! I remember, swami saying, “I shall get it for you.” How it came from Madras into my camera is known only to Swami.”

-- By Sri Mumbai Srinivasan

Youtube

Youtube
Visit SaiCharan TV

Popular Posts