Friday, March 20, 2009

Surrender to God Is Your Destiny

 

On another day, Bhagavan turned to me and asked, "How did you like My discourse?"

god on earth God wanting human comment on His discourse! Well, it is really a matter of fortune, a matter of good luck, to be privileged to comment on the Divine discourse to God Himself.

Well, then I said, "Swami, Your talk was fantastic! All our doubts are dispelled. All our doubts are clarified. It was a beautiful discourse."

Then Bhagavan said, "Hmmm, you want Me to believe that all your doubts are now dispelled? No! Your body is full of doubts, top to toe. They will never be clarified." (Laughter)

Then I said apologetically, "Swami, if my body is full of doubts that can never be clarified, what am I to do? What is my fate? What is my destiny?"

Destiny in Sanskrit is called gathi. I said, "Swami, what is my gathi, what is my destiny, what is my fate? If I'm full of doubts that cannot be clarified, what am I to do?"

Then Bhagavan said, "What? Repeat your question!" (Laughter)

I said, "Swami what is my gathi? What is my fate?"

He said, "Sharanagathi is the solution." (Laughter)

Sharanagathi means, surrender.

"You surrender to Me. Sharanagathi, that is your gathi. That is your destiny."

That's what Bhagavan has said. So my friends, the only gathi or destiny for all of us is Sharanagathi, surrender to God. This is a nice statement that I wanted to share with you.

-- Professor Anil Kumar

Youtube

Youtube
Visit SaiCharan TV

Popular Posts